About Our Studio
Welcome to Electric City Yoga, a warm and friendly yoga studio accepting of all who enter our doors, wherever you are in your practice.
We believe all bodies can do yoga and you will find that we truly are an all inclusive-body positive studio. We are proud to offer classes rooted in a traditional practice of hatha yoga, our attention is focused on how you feel in your postures and body and less on how the pose looks.
ECY is a non-heated yoga studio offering a nice variety of classes that will meet all levels of students right where they are, from never taken a yoga class to the more advanced student. We strongly believe that all backgrounds and level of student will find a practice at ECY that allows you to develop a positive sense of body awareness, find mindfulness both on and off the mat, enhance relaxation and reduce stress.
LOVE is the aim of Yoga and here at ECY we strive to walk in that love at all times.
We can’t wait to meet you, give us a call or come on in and take a class!
Welcome to our Studio!
A few things you should know:
* Remove your shoes at the door, and place them along with your personal belongings in a cubby in the lobby, we practice in our bare feet and this also prevents excess dirt on the studio floor.
* Turn cell phones off and put them away. Cell phone are not permitted in the practice room.
* Be early to class (at least 10-15mins.). We understand that life happens and we've all been late to a class, it's okay. Our practice space has no barriers from the entrance, once you walk through the door you are in the yoga room. If you do arrive a few minutes late, before entering, have your keys and other noisy items contained, take a breath, come in and sit quietly at the entrance until eyes are open and movement or talking has begun. At that point, unroll your mat quietly. Congratulations your yoga has already begun with practice of awareness and kindness to others.
* Wear comfortable exercise clothing.
* We have a limited number of mats available at no charge and all the props you will need for a class.
* If you have health issues (illness, injury or medical conditions), please notify your instructor before class.
We can't wait to meet you!!